VP of Engineering
Grupo R5 is a fast-growing startup from the union of two very dynamic sectors: Insurtech and Fintech. At Grupo R5 we create low-cost financial products with the mission of improving the financial health of our clients. Our digital SOAT uses artificial intelligence to offer the best discount in the country. Our credit uses assets (cars, motorcycles) as collateral to offer higher amounts at lower rates.
Responsible for managing our technology operations as we leverage our in-house software to scale our insurance and banking products across 2 countries.
The mission for the next 12 months
Increase our speed of development across squads and strengthen our capabilities across data, security, QA/testing and documentation.
What do we offer?
At Grupo R5 we believe in win-win: our employees earn well and we ensure that they have accelerated personal development; our company has self-motivated employees who strive to offer better products that have a positive impact on our customers.
Our collaborators have the possibility of working remotely, requesting free afternoons, additional vacation days. They also have a budget for:
- Complementary or prepaid health.
- Mental and emotional health.
- Home office adequacy.
- Lead the building and maintenance of proprietary software that includes:
- Core Banking System (CBS) that achieves an extremely high degree of automation in order to obtain the necessary cost savings to always offer the cheapest prices.
- Core Insurance System (CIS).
- Leading tech squads to deliver the best by:
- Finding the right people for the right task.
- Hands-on support when needed.
- Conducting code reviews, architectural discussions, PoC.
- Setting and monitoring of KPIs
- Champion of best practices in:
- Data storage and access
- Information security
- Improve and maintain key 3rd party software partners/vendors by balancing costs and technical and business considerations. Third parties include:
- Tools and services to support internal operations, including ERP and CRM.
- Payment rails.
- Email, SMS, Whatsapp communication tools.
- Ensure alignment between the company strategy and the day-to-day of the squads.
- Business Partner to Business Units - truly become and maintain close collaboration with each BUs in all matters relating to technology.
- People leadership and management
- Personal growth and development of the team
- Talent retention
- Proven ability across at least 70% of the above-mentioned responsibilities. The remaining 30% can be learned on the job.
- 10+ years of professional experience, including at least 5 in senior roles in technology-based companies or startups. Proven experience in hiring and growing people.
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Job is 90% remote and 10% in Bogotá or Mexico City. We expect the person to live in Colombia or Mexico in order to truly understand the country-specific challenges.