Position information


About us?

Grupo R5 is a fast-growing startup from the union of two very dynamic sectors: Insurtech and Fintech. At Grupo R5 we create low-cost financial products with the mission of improving the financial health of our clients. Our digital SOAT uses artificial intelligence to offer the best discount in the country. Our credit uses assets (cars, motorcycles) as collateral to offer higher amounts at lower rates.

The mission for the next 12 months

Design and implement a development roadmap for our Core Banking System in order to accelerate product launches and comply with the requirements of becoming a licensed bank.

What do we offer?
At Grupo R5 we believe in win-win: our employees earn well and we ensure that they have accelerated personal development; our company has self-motivated employees who strive to offer better products that have a positive impact on our customers.

Our collaborators have the possibility of working remotely, requesting free afternoons, additional vacation days. They also have a budget for:

  • Complementary or prepaid health.
  • Mental and emotional health.
  • Education.
  • Home office adequacy.
  • Lead the design and evolution of proprietary software that includes:
    • Core Banking System (CBS) that achieves an extremely high degree of automation in order to obtain the necessary cost savings to always offer the cheapest prices.
    • Core Insurance System (CIS).

  • Champion of best practices in:
    • Use of AI in areas such as Pricing and Underwriting.
    • Building solutions that scale.
    • Information security

  • Select and negotiate with key 3rd party software partners/vendors by balancing costs and technical and business considerations. Third parties include at least:
    • Tools and services to support internal operations, including ERP and CRM.
    • Payment rails.
    • Email, SMS, Whatsapp communication tools.

  • Lead the company to comply with the financial regulators’ rules, esp. Information Security (ISO 27001).
  • Communicate company strategy and product vision to the entire team and ensure constant alignment.
  • Business Partner to Business Units - truly become and maintain close collaboration with each BUs in all matters relating to technology.
    • Work with Product Managers to do cost-benefit analysis to optimize the ROI of big projects and quarterly “rocks”.
  • People leadership and management
    • Hiring
    • Personal growth and development of team
    • Talent retention
Key Capabilities
  • Proven ability across at least 70% of the above-mentioned responsibilities. The remaining 30% can be learned on the job.
Experience Required
  • 10+ years of professional experience, including at least 5 in senior roles in technology-based companies or startups. Proven experience in hiring and growing people.
  • Fluent in English and Spanish
  • Job is 90% remote and 10% in Bogotá or Mexico City. We expect the person to live in Colombia or Mexico in order to truly understand the country-specific challenges.

Aplica a este cargo